Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Reign Man calls Blake Griffin's dunk weak.

(Hey MJ, how do my nuts smell?)
huffington post- Blake Griffin jumped over a car and threw down an alley-oop dunk to win the 2011 Dunk Contest over the weekend. However, former NBA player and dunking sensation Shawn Kemp didn't think much of it.
The 41-year-old joined KJR in Seattle with Dave Mahler and Ian Furness on Wednesday and called Griffin's final dunk "weak."
"I'm a big Blake Griffin fan, but that dunk at the contest might've been the weakest dunk in the dunk contest that I've seen in a long time," Kemp said. "I love the choir and all that stuff was great, but you at least gotta jump over the car though right."
Kemp also said that he could jump over a car.
"I'm 41 years old and right now I could do it. Two Smart Cars," he said.

I totally agree with Kemp here. That dunk was stupid. The chorus, the hybrid car, Baron Davis' head sticking out the sunroof, all incredibly stupid. The best dunks in the contest are usually in the first round, like Blake's was this year. By the final round, it seems like the guys are usually out of ideas, which is funny considering they only need to come up with three dunks. The final round is always full of ridiculous costumes, lame props, and an overall lack of imagination. It's like "let me do the same dunk I just did, but now I'm going to wear a funny hat."

I agree with Kemp that Blake's dunk was lame, but the weakest dunk in a long time? I don't really think you have to go back that far to find a lame dunk. How about that guy who dunked on two hoops? That dunk and his 3-ball dunk were the two weakest dunks of the night. Thats like the kind of shit kids do jumping off of trampolines. Not impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment