Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's 4/20 dudes!


Ahh, 4/20. A day when pot smokers all over the world gather to celebrate and consume cannabis in celebration of Hitler's birthday. Or something like that. Somebody told me the exact origins one time but I was high. When I went to the University of Vermont, there was a big 4/20 rally on the library green every year. I never went to it because I really didn't give a shit. I remember my freshman year a bunch of guys in my dorm were heading over and they tried to get me to go. I was like, why would I walk all the way over there to smoke weed in a crowd when I can do it right here without having to get off this couch? I really didn't see the point.

The 4/20 rally at UVM went pretty strong for about 10 years or so, until the new president of the university slowly destroyed it. First, he moved it to another part of campus. Then he had a few people arrested, something that had never happened before. The next year, they didn't allow any non-students on campus for the rally. They didn't arrest anybody, but they did record the entire event on multiple camcorders. This freaked out the students. They must've all been afraid that their dads would find out. So by the next year, there were only about 4 guys actually smoking, and the rest were just standing around. And as far as I know, the rally doesn't really happen anymore. Fight the power!

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't happen anymore because pussies like you didn't think it was important enough at the time to get off the couch and try to make a point...

    ReplyDelete