Monday, April 11, 2011

Pick # 13: Detroit Lions

OK spoiler alert, this is going to be a blog that I mail in a little bit. I've been busy as shit all day. I'm not trying to sound like a baller or anything, but between doing my taxes last minute and the 11:00 am sportscenter and regular work it's been a frantic day. Like never a spare moment, I hate days like that. I'm also pretty drained from the emotional roller coaster that was the Master's yesterday. Pretty vintage stuff except for the end. I mean for a golf tournament to be great, it needs a few elements. Tiger to be in the hunt on the back on Sunday, the clear leader having an epic collapse to the point where it's really uncomfortable for everyone, and/or a close match that comes down to a playoff or final putt. Yesterday had 2 of those things. Tiger played his dick off and it was so fun to watch because of it. I don't know about anyone else, but I root so hard for him it's not even funny. I know he's an asshole, whatever, I can't help but root for him. And Rory Mcilroy, that was ridiculous. That last time the pressure got to me that bad was in the Titans blog last week. I couldn't put a sentence together, my ideas weren't funny or interesting, everything sucked. It all came apart for me. So I felt for Mcilroy a little. We've all been there, we've all grown from it, he will too. The only problem was the end when that South African dude won it. South Africans are the most awkward people in the world, I really think that, and that guy winning was a huge let down. I can't remember his name and I'm not going to look it up, I'm pretty sure everyone else has forgot too.


(INSERT OFFENSIVE NAME) #13 OVERALL MOCK DRAFT PICK:
TYRON SMITH - OT, USC

As I mentioned, not a shitload of research/thought put into this one. It's pretty simple really. This dude is the consensus best offensive tackle in the game, the Lions franchise QB Matt Stafford has gotten hurt, mostly from shoddy offensive line play, every year he's been in the league. If he gets one more shoulder injury his career is in jeapordy. The Lions would love a stud cornerback to address their abysal secondary, but they need to protect the investment they made in Stafford. That's the priority in this draft. Smith is the pick at 13.


Entire Mock Draft:
  1. Carolina Panthers - Marcell Dareus
  2. Denver Broncos - Patrick Peterson
  3. Buffalo Bills - Cam Newton
  4. Cincinnati Bengals - A.J. Green
  5. Arizona Cardinals - Blaine Gabbert
  6. Cleveland Browns - Julio Jones
  7. San Francisco 49ers - Von Miller
  8. Tennessee Titans - Nick Fairley
  9. Dallas Cowboys - Prince Amukamara
  10. Washington Redskins - Jake Locker
  11. Houston Texans - Robert Quinn
  12. Minnesota Vikings - J.J Watt
  13. Detroit Lions - Tyron Smith

1 comment: