Thursday, May 19, 2011

Seth MacFarlane is bringing a new version of the Flintstones to Fox.




mercurynews- "The Flintstones," the classic 1960s prime time animated show about a rotund, belligerent caveman named Fred Flinstone and his improbably hot (for a cartoon) wife Wilma, is coming back to TV.
"Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane will retool the series for Fox TV, the network has announced, with an expected premiere date of fall 2013.
"The very first cartoon character I drew at age 2 was Fred Flintstone," MacFarlane said in a statement. "So it's appropriate that events have come full circle, allowing me to produce the newest incarnation of this great franchise.
"Plus, I think America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat, stupid guy with a wife who's too good for him."
Ha, ha, we get it; he's just described pretty much every animated sitcom on Fox. But here's the real question: Is America ready for a "Flintstones" that gets down and dirty?
The original show, a cartoon version of the Jackie Gleason sitcom "The Honeymooners," was a purely G-rated affair, whereas "Family Guy" gleefully ambushes the boundaries of good taste on every episode.
MacFarlane has not detailed his plans for the new show.

I think I would watch a new version of the Flinstones. I always liked the classic show, and it would definitely be better than that American Dad show, which I've never been able to make it through an entire episode of. But what's up with this guy calling Wilma improbably hot? Who the hell besides this guy feels that way? Now if you are talking about Betty Rubble, I totally agree, she's smoking, but Wilma? She's a total bitch who lives to crush Fred's hopes and dreams. I would like to see more of Betty in this new version. Maybe a wife-swap episode or something like that. You know Barney can't please a fox like Betty in bed. That's why they were never able to have kids. They had Bamm-Bamm, but if you remember, he was left on their doorstep, Barney never could knock up Betty. Speaking of Bamm-Bamm, I hope they leave him and Pebbles out of the new show. Those two were horrible characters. I get it, Bamm-Bamm is really strong, and when he shakes your hand, he slams you all over the place, you don't have to do that joke over and over again. I could definitely do without those two. I always hated that little green alien guy too. They should leave him out of the reboot as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment