Monday, May 23, 2011

Who knew Dave Chappelle was so into Kiss?



This is a clip from a documentary about tribute bands that I saw a few years back. It's funny as hell. Black Paul Stanley is absolutely classic. I want a whole documentary about that guy. Like what the hell is his story? Some of the other dudes are out of there fucking minds, too. Take the Monkees guy, for example. What kind of person wants to see a Monkees tribute band? The whole idea just seems really bizarre to me. Weren't the Monkees themselves already sort of a tribute band?

I think I've seen two tribute bands in my life. One was a Sublime tribute band, but they were actually more of a cover band, because they didn't really try to look and act like the real band. The other band I saw was a Guns & Roses tribute band. That band did a fantastic job on the songs, but they would really try to look and act just like the real band. It was really strange. Fake Axl Rose would actually do little rants in between the songs which were things that the real Axl used to say on stage. I could never decide if it was cool or lame. The music was good, and they looked pretty cool while they were performing, but the rants would always give me douche chills.

No comments:

Post a Comment